Must Book 48+ Hours in Advance. 2-night minimum
2 GuestsFrom same-quarantined family in one cabin
- 2-Night Minimum
- 2 Persons included in $212.50/couple/night package rate
- Check-in @ 3PM
- Check-out @ 2PM
Additional Adult Rate/NightAdditional fee per adult per night for guest to join cabin of same-quarantined family
- Nightly Rate
- Age 15+ years
- Must add on to family cabin from same-quarantined household
Additional Child Rate Per NightTo join cabin of same-quarantined household per night
- Nightly Rate
- Age 3-14 years
- Must add on to family cabin from same-quarantined household
REFER A FAMILY TO STAY!
Your family will receive a special gift for referring another family to enjoy Safe Haven with you!
Reservation & Cancellation Policy
100% is due at the time of booking. If your reservation is cancelled for 7 days prior to your arrival date- 100% refunded; cancellations 4-6 days prior to your booking- 50% refunded; 3 days prior to your booking- 25% refunded; 0-2 days prior to your booking- no refund.
- 3 delicious meals per “night” with non-alcoholic beverages
(cash/credit bar available)
- unlimited access to non-facilitated activities such as fishing, hiking, basketball, soccer, ping-pong, pickle ball, hiking, beach time, and more!
- pre-scheduled activities led by our awesome staff may include ceramics, crafts, barre class, archery, & riflery (to name a few). Please refer to daily schedule of events. Please note that schedules may change.
- life-guarded activities on Lake Ted and private beach from 1-5pm daily may include swimming, water slides, blobbing, lake toys, etc.
- rural wireless internet and work spaces
- 24-hour fitness center & sauna with yoga deck
- 24-hour coffee & tea station
- 24 -hour onsite nurse
Want Some Extra Fun?
Facilitated activities available for an additional fee. These activities can be reserved upon check-in; first-come-first-serve basis.
- guided horseback rides on scenic trails – up to 7-8 people per ride @ $65 (+ tax & fees) per person with a minimum of two guests per family.
- motor-boating on Lake LBJ with options for tubing & banana boating. Rates & boat capacity: Based on availability. One boat accommodates the Retreat driver + up to 8 guests. Rate for this boat is $300 + tax & fees for a family up to four family members + the Retreat boat driver. Boat reservations can be made upon check-in on a first-come-first-serve basis.: Should families opt to cancel their boat reservations for reasons unrelated to poor weather, 100% of the boat fee is non-refundable.
- massages: Times, rates, availability provided during check-in.
- childcare available for $15/hr (2hr min, 3:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.) Reservations are non-fundable.
- dogs permitted for $50 non-refundable pet fee per dog
- cash/credit bar available every evening
Health Screening Form
The safety of our guests and employees is our top priority. Please complete this online questionnaire after booking your cabin.
Your Safety at Camp
The safety and health of our guests and employees is Camp Balcones Springs’ top priority. We will continue to closely monitor recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). In order to maintain a safe environment, we will make adjustments based on the guidelines from these agencies and local health departments.
By design, Camp Balcones Springs is an open-air hospitality experience. There is no recirculated air between any of the accommodations.
Camp Balcones Springs will operate at 75% capacity, with private cabins for each quarantined family.
All of the Camp staff who will be preparing food and accommodations have been in quarantine on camp property since March 19th and have shown no symptoms of COVID. Foodservice staff will be wearing gloves and masks.
Each guest will complete a health screening questionnaire prior to arrival
Nurses will be onsite taking both guest and staff temperatures twice a day
All facilities are cleaned and sanitized in between activities
All employees have passed the COVID-19 hospitality certification
Space is Limited!
Camp Balcones Springs is observing social distancing and occupancy guidelines. This means that we have to limit reservations for Safe Haven Camp. Book now to secure your upcoming escape!
Frequently Asked Questions
So What is Balcones Springs?
Situated just 50 minutes outside of Austin, Balcones Springs celebrates 250 acres of hiking trails, a private 10-acre lake, covered basketball and tennis courts, a fitness center, a zipline across the lake, and much more. During the summer months it’s Camp Balcones Springs, an overnight camp for children, and during the year it’s The Retreat at Balcones Springs, a wedding & retreat venue.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
No! Safe Haven Camp is suitable and fun for all ages!
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event? ?
Parking options are available upon arrival. Camp is located near Marble Falls just 50 minutes outside of Austin
What should I bring for our stay?
Please bring your favorite reusable water bottle/coffee mug, a swimsuit, beach towel, sunscreen, activewear, sneakers, hat, sunglasses, toiletries, flip-flops, sunglasses, personal meds, personal ID, playpen, bed guard rail, and a blanket for movie night if you’d like. Bed linens, hair dryer, small shampoo/conditioner/bar of soap, bath towels are provided – please keep them in your cabin and BYO Beach Towel, snacks for your younger children, sand beach toys, arm floats. The Retreat provides life jackets for guests 40 lbs. and above. Parents need to bring life jackets for their children under 40 pounds in weight. Should you opt to bring your people/dog friendly pup, please bring your own dog bed, dog food and bowls, dog toys and treats. Dogs must be on a leash at all times when you are out of your cabin.
No outside alcohol is permitted. There will be a beach bar from 1:30-5:00 and an evening bar from 6:00-10:00 daily.
Closed-toe shoes and long pants are required for equestrian activities.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please e-mail email@example.com for further questions or call the Retreat at 830-693-6639
What's the refund policy?
Campers can receive a full refund up until 7 days prior to the camp start date; 50% refund if cancelled 4-6 days prior; 25% refund if cancelled 3 days prior; 0-2 days- $0 refund.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, please just show your e-mail confirmation at the front desk upon arrival.
What is the food situation?
We have an onsite Chef and kitchen staff to prepare each of your meals. All meals and snacks are included in the nightly rate. Chef Jack, Chef Mark and his team are adept at accommodating dietary needs and requests, including all food allergies and sensitivities. Please complete the reservation details form to let us know if anyone from your group has dietary needs. Click Here for more info on Chef Jack, Chef Mark and our staff.
Can I bring my own alcohol onsite?
The retreat operates as a private club, meaning all alcoholic beverages must be purchased and served through our facility. No outside alcohol is permitted on property.
There will be a cash/credit bar available.
What are the cabin accommodations?
Lodging options include both 4 -6 Guest cabins. Cabins (up to 4 guests) can offer, per your request one of the following options: 1 king + additional twin beds; or all twin size beds. Cabins (up to 6 guests) can offer, per your request, one of the following options: 1 King + twin beds; or all twin size beds. Many cabins have high ceilings, yellow pine interiors, private bathrooms, and striking views of the Hill Country. Each cabin provides basic comforts, including warm country comforters, cotton percale sheets, individual temperature controls, a private telephone, and Rural Wi-Fi. Click Here for more information about our cabins.
What activities can I expect to do during my stay?
We will have a loose itinerary for guests to enjoy; however, all non-facilitated activities are available to all guests throughout their stay. These activities include basketball, tennis, Frisbee golf, sand volleyball, fishing, hiking, kayaking, and more! Click here for more information on the non-facilitated activities. Daily schedule or optional events will be provided.