The Event Manager position is an entry level opportunity available for recent college graduates who are passionate about service. We are interested in hiring young adults with lots of energy and a kind, helpful spirit. Excellent teamwork skills are a must – from group leadership to simply getting along well with others.
Applicants must be willing to work both retreat and camp operations. Areas of service include various aspect and tasks related to both the retreat and summer camp operations. For retreat operations, training in all areas of the hospitality structure are included. The Event Manager will receive training and certification in the following areas: wait staff duties, event execution, lifeguard duties, ropes, and TABC bartending.
Summer camp operations include; holding a position on leadership and assisting summer camp staff with execution of summer programing. Summer time off is biased on the summer camp schedule. During some weeks of peak seasons, days off may be few. The position does, however, pay an annual salary and offers generous employee benefits, vacation, on-site housing, and most meals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Customer Service Skills; ability to communicate with both adults and youth.
- Willing to work weekends are a must.
- Primary responsibilities include; setting up of the event rooms or activity areas, beverage breaks, support and assist in dining set up/take down, bars and cleaning up after every function.
- Take lead in activities. Example: Teambuilding, high ropes, crafts, lifeguarding, outdoor sports.
- Knowledge of various types of equipment and set up styles used in meeting rooms.
- Must have understanding on how to read and execute diagrams, order of events and setup.
- Respond to guest needs as requested.
- Daily inspection of event spaces, meeting rooms, storage rooms and public areas.
- Must be willing to go above and beyond to get the job done, which may include staying late to-do so.
- Pre-shifts with fellow staff and supervisor for every function.
- Daily exchange of information is important between the Lead Event Manager, fellow Event Managers, Kitchen Staff and Office Staff
- Ability to relieve a task and work independently and efficiently.
- May be asked to perform other event duties as needed.
- High School/College Degree
- Previous experience in the service industry is preferred
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Neat in appearance and well groomed.